Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ) 2024
Welcome to the website of the Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ) 2024 conference.
The 30th International Working Conference on Requirement Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality will take place from the 8th to 12th of April 2024 in Winterthur, Switzerland (live, in-person).
Special Theme: Out of the Lab, into the Wild!
This year’s special theme aims at taking our lively community out of the lab into the wild! Rather than outlining a thematic theme for submissions, we encourage the submission of contributions that pay special attention to - but are not limited to - which challenges are relevant to real-world environments and studies that clearly demonstrate what impacts research artifacts have to solve these challenges. Questions that should guide the submissions under the umbrella of this theme are, for example:
- What are domain-specific problems and challenges relevant to Requirements Engineering in practice?
- What are solutions (methodologies and technologies) that guide professionals when handling requirements in real-world environments?
- What different interpretations and manifestations can Requirements Engineering take in practical settings?
- How do we evidently demonstrate that the methods, techniques, and tools we develop solve problems relevant to practice?
- How can we foster fruitful academia-industry collaborations?
- What are insights, experiences, and lessons learnt that emerge from our investigations of how RE is applied in practice?
- How can we ensure reproducibility and transparency in our research artifacts?
The REFSQ working conference is the leading European conference series on requirements engineering. It is the goal of REFSQ to foster the creation of a strong European RE community across industry and academia. Since 1994, Requirements Engineering continued to be a dominant factor influencing the quality of software, systems and services. REFSQ seeks contributions which report on novel ideas and techniques that enhance the quality of RE’s products and processes, as well as reflections on current research. REFSQ has a long tradition of being a highly structured and interactive forum. In addition to the high-quality scientific program, REFSQ also features a highly interactive Industry Track, Workshops, Posters and Tool demos, and a Doctoral Symposium.